Who are we?
Emporia Brands are an importer, exporter and innovator who work with the most diverse and exciting brands in the UK.
Winner of Spirits Importer of the Year 3 times in the past 5 years, Emporia’s brands consistently win numerous Gold medals at the IWSC.
Owned by James Rackham, this is now a third generation family business since Commercial Director Jack Rackham joined the business last year.
Who we are looking for?
Emporia Brands is looking a London Business Development Manager who fits in with our company culture; innovative, determined, passionate, able to multi-task and entrepreneurial who will quickly become a part of our Family.
We are looking who has relevant experience in sales, or someone who has been involved in the bar business for at least 3 years, management experience is preferred.
Someone who is aware of and has great relationships with the bar community and wholesaler teams.
The Business Development Manager for London will work alongside the England & Wales Sales Manager, Gavin McGowan-Madoo on building and selling Emporia’s brands into the London market so that budgets are exceeded.
What will you do?
The Business Development Manager’s primary role is to sell our portfolio into the bars via our wholesale partners.
You will need to be able to build and maintain relationships with bars via training and activations.
You will need to be proficient with Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Produce weekly and monthly reports.
Innovate and execute a game plan on how to move the business in London forward.
What will we do?
We will give you an intensive 4 week brand, budget and sales training from the England & Wales Sales Manager.
Ongoing training for your development.
We will take you to visit our brands at their distilleries.
Listen to your business plans for London and actively encourage you to contribute to Emporia’s brand plans and brand activations.
This role requires sales and account management experience. Spirits knowledge is a must as well as established relationships within the bar industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop a long-term career in a very exciting, and expanding company.
• Present, sell and promote all of the Emporia Brands portfolio to premium on-trade accounts
• Managing and developing an extensive account base
• Developing strong and loyal relationships with key purchasing managers across the On Trade.
• Organising and presenting brand tastings and trainings
• Supporting at trade and consumer shows.
• Experience in a customer facing sales role with the ability to ‘close a sale’
• Ability to work to an established brand budget
• Industry relationships and the ability to establish and build new relationships
• Strong self-confidence and self-motivation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong communication skills
• Minimum of 40 productive hours p/w achieving on average 10 account visits per day
• As a routine starting at 10am with the first and ending at 6pm with the last (evening and weekend work to be planned as required)
• Maintain an up to date, online master account database, ensuring all details are up to date and accurate and business development noted in line with company targets (brand and financial)
• Strong performance in opening new accounts for our brands to add to the database
• Maintaining up to date, accurate and complete online diary of movements and meetings, daily/weekly with a clear rolling forward plan
• Controlling expenditure/expenses including effective and efficient management of sample budgets
• Strengthening the company’s reputation as a leading spirit brand agency through personal quality of service
Please contact Gavin McGowan Madoo to arrange an interview for this role at email@example.com or on 0755 7042 385.