Bar owners and coffee shop operators will find hundreds of exciting new products and services to enhance their hot drinks and snacks business at The Caffè Culture Show in May. The show, taking place at Olympia in London on May 23 and 24, is the café industry’s shop front for innovation and trends, and suppliers big and small – from global brands to artisan producers and start-ups – are lining up to showcase their latest ranges.
Caffè Culture Show event director Chris Holman said: “There is no other business event that focuses specifically on the needs of the coffee shop and café market. No wonder so many suppliers and manufacturers choose this show as their major launch platform of the year.”
Coffee launches include:
- Premium organically grown single origin Papua New Guinean Arabica from Banz Kofi Fektori and Tanna Coffee from Tanna Island in the South Pacific nation of Vanuatu. Both companies are supported by Pacific Islands Trade & Invest.
- A wide range of coffees served three ways at Matthew Algie’s main bar – espresso drinks on the new Synesso machine, filter coffees through a wide range of brew kit and cold brew prepared using the Toddy range.
- Hampshire roasters Moonroast Coffee will be sampling two popular café blends – the 1 Star GTA award winning Peru Blend and Moonshot Espresso Blend, with sampling and latte art from the Moonroast barista.
- An Espresso Box Set from The Urban Roast Coffee Company.
- Small batch, handcrafted espresso strength cold brew coffee from Kuka Coffee.
New tea, chai and infusions at the show will include:
- Exciting new teas for 2017 from Tea People include Carrot Orange Rooibos, Vanilla Chilli Cookie, Coffee Truffle and Pineapple Green Tea with Matcha, plus new organic teas including Earl Green, Turmeric Chai and Peach and Grape Black.
- Nature’s Harvest Turmeric Latte mix from Chai Guy.
Soft drinks launches will include:
- Cold pressure premium juices from Coldpress in Blood Orange & Mandarin and Raspberry Lemon fruity coconut waters, plus sparkling waters in Strawberry Apple & Watermelon and Raspberry, Pineapple, Apple & Pear.
- Award-winning still and sparkling pressed fruit juices and children’s ranges from Cawston Press.
- Robinsons Refresh’d from Britvic, a new low-sugar soft drink containing spring water mixed with real fruit using 100% naturally-sourced ingredients.
Food product launches include:
- A new Fairtrade grab-and-go Cappuccino Chocolate Bar from Divine Chocolate, combining Divine chocolate with real coffee pieces.
- Golden Mini Cacao Pods from Willie’s Cacao – a golden tin, sculpted in the shape of a cacao pod and filled with the very finest quality, single estate chocolate caramels. The pods open to reveal Dark Chocolate Pearls filled with molten Sea Salt Caramel or Milk Chocolate Pearls with Passion Fruit Caramel.
- The Café Bake range from Border Biscuits comes in Yogurt, Cranberry and Pumpkin Seed Oat Crumbles, Pecan and Maple Syrup Oat Crumbles and Lemon Drizzle Melts, plus new single portion luxury Mini Packs in Divinely Choc Chip Cookies, Oat Crumbles and Viennese Whirls.
- Mini handmade, rainbow finished, Swiss-baked Meringue Drops from Flower & White, made with British free range eggs and all natural flavours. Available in Rainbow Fruit – Strawberry, Lemon, Passion Fruit and Cherry; Chocolate; and White Chocolate & Raspberry.
- Premium date-filled cookies from Grandeur Products.
- New two-finger packs from Great British Biscotti Company in Simply Almond, Belgian Chunky Choc, Coffee & Walnut and Lemon, Honey & Ginger.
- Patisserie, cake products and handcrafted breads from leading London independent artisan bakery Paul Rhodes Bakery.
- Award-winning specialist free-from bakes from The Free From Bakehouse include Banana & Chocolate Chip Loaf, Battenberg, Chocolate Amaretto Truffle Torte, Hazelnut Praline Cake, Pistachio, Raspberry & Rosewater Cake and Matcha, Sour Cherry & White Chocolate Cake.
- Cakes and traybakes from Loch Ness-based Cobbs Cakes including gluten- and dairy-free Lemon & Poppy and Victoria Sponge cakes, gluten-free Triple Chocolate and Carrot cakes, and Peppermint, Toffee Popcorn and Raspberry Oat slices.
- Low GI, high energy, gluten free and no added sugar granolas from Rollagranola. Flavours include Cashew Craze Mini, Caveman Dream Mini, Neanderthal Nibbles Mini and Cool Raspberry Mini.
- A taste of Brazil from Açaí superfood brand, Sambazon, bringing the Açai bowl movement to the UK.
- Quinoa Porridge Pots from Quoats, made using British quinoa, oats and flax. This nutritious breakfast on the go comes in Original, Coconut and Raspberry, and Date and Pecan flavours.
- Crackers from Rude Health in Buckwheat and Blackbean and Chickpea and Lentil.
- Peanut Brittle flavour ice cream from Simply Ice Cream and Fudge Kitchen, traditionally made in Kent by hand in small batches.
Equipment product launches include:
- Klean Kanteen by Whitby & Co, who will be urging the coffee shop sector to encourage customers to replace single-use coffee cups with reusable ‘keep cups’ to reduce waste.
- Lincat’s latest generation FilterFlow water boiler models with enhanced self diagnostics, smaller footprints, timer modes and longer life filter cartridges.
- SHOP UPster from Meiko UK which delivers high quality glass and dishwashing equipment fast. The new UPster U400, U500 and pass through H500 models will be available, with optional extras including baskets, chemicals, fixed priced installation, tabling modifications and disposal of old machines. All machines come with a 24-month warranty as standard and free installation.
- The latest high performing, energy saving Advantage warewashers from Nelson Catering Equipment, plus kitchen and counter design and installation services.
- The Everpure Conserv 75E High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis (RO) System from Pentair Food Service brings the benefits of RO water to coffee applications. It combines a carbon filter, scale inhibition, calcite feeder and blending to create the right balance of minerals to prevent both corrosion and scale formation.
- The smallest ever Rational unit – the SelfCookingCenter XS for intelligent commercial cooking.
- The cutting-edge TopBrewer fresh coffee tap, the new TopBrewer Cold Brew unit to supply Cold Brew on tap, and the latest M2M (machine to machine) and mobile payment solutions for the coffee industry from Scanomat.
- The Açai bowl machine from Açaí superfood brand, Sambazon.
- New coffee machines from Bianchi Industy Spa. DIVA has a 32” LCD touch screen display with over 350 drink, flavour and topping combinations, and MODA for self-service settings.
Technology launches include:
- A free loyalty stamp app from Loyale with paid plans to grow a business by up to 80%.
- A new marketing and loyalty solution from Loyalty Wallet that helps operators establish deeper, more meaningful relationships with customers.
- An order-ahead and integrated loyalty mobile app solution from WaitlessMunch to help cafés enhance their customer footprint.
Business service launches include:
- Commercial interior design to social media management and advice for coffee shops and cafés from Décor Fuson.
- A range of City & Guilds accredited and CPD certified online courses specifically for the hospitality, retail and food manufacturing industries from Appetite Learning, in partnership with William Reed and Virtual College.
For more information and free ticket registration for the show, plus details of the Caffè Connections conference, visit wwww.caffecultureshow.com.