Six bartenders have been announced as finalists in a competition run by Diageo Reserve to find original cocktails using premium scotch Talisker.
The final, taking place on the whisky’s native Isle of Skye in August, will feature the winners of regional heats in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Bournemouth, Bristol and London. They are:
- Rebecca Bevvy from The Laundrette Group in Manchester
- Dave Ali from The Finnieston in Glasgow
- Andrew Lennie from The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen in Edinburgh
- Daniel Bovey from Be at One in Bristol
- Mike Pendergast from East London Liquor Company in London
- Charles Roche from Scout in London.
They were challenged to create cocktails that reflected the elements of Talisker and celebrated the brand’s new “Made by the Sea” marketing platform.
They won after being put through their paces by judges from Diageo Reserve: whisky ambassador David Sinclair, ambassador and 2015 World Class GB winner Ali Reynolds and Talisker brand ambassador Ervin Trykowski.
The champion of the “Race to Skye” final will be awarded the title of Talisker ambassador which will consist of at least three paid-for events throughout the year. The winner will also actively participate in social media on Talisker, supporting the brand’s story and communicating the Made by the Sea campaign, and enjoy an enhanced PR campaign that will help to raise their profile.