Bars across London are set to come together for an outdoor two-day festival, Cocktails in the City, this month.
The event on Saturday July 18 and Sunday July 19 will fill London’s Bedford Square Gardens off Tottenham Court Road with 25 bars serving signature cocktails in partnership with different drinks brands. See below for the full list.
It is produced by the events arm of B&H Group which runs parties such as The Blitz Party and Prohibition as well as operating its own bars such as Bourne & Hollingsworth and Reverend JW Simpson.
Guests are promised an immersive and interactive experience with a huge variety of drinks from champagne cocktails, rum sours and espresso martinis with a twist to beer cocktails and slushies.
Cocktails will include the Butchers Hook (pictured top) from The Cocktail Trading Co Development Bar & Table in Soho, made with Chambord, sherbet, egg white, soda and milk in a slushy machine, and the Stay Sour (pictured below) from Mr Fogg’s in Mayfair, made with Disaronno amaretto, Manzana Verde apple liqueur, lime juice, blackberry puree, passion fruit and egg white.
Entertainment includes talks on healthier cocktails, drinks for the morning after the night before, and how to drink like a local when travelling through Central and South America. All sessions are free.
Street food will be available such as pulled pork specialists The Joint and new operator The Panthers Whiskers who will be dishing up healthy lunch boxes. Caffeine connoisseurs Grind will be on hand alongside the Black Vanilla Sorbet bar curated by food and drink supplier World of Zing.
Described as “the most swinging band in London” by Ronnie Scott’s, Kansas Smitty’s House Band will be providing live music alongside hot record label Love Fever.
Tickets are £15 but the organisers are offering a special price of £10 to people in the trade if you book via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cocktails-in-the-city-london-2015-tickets-15313989555?access=trade&discount=trade using the promotional code, “trade”.
Full line-up of bars
- The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz with Perrier-Jouët Champagne
- Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor Bar with The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- The Cocktail Trading Co with Chambord liqueur
- Hawksmoor Spitalfields Bar with Aperol
- The Alchemist with Gentleman Jack whiskey
- London Cocktail Club with Jack Daniel’s Old No 7 whiskey
- Reverend JW Simpson with Belvedere Vodka
- We Are Big Chill with Lamb’s Spiced Rum
- Loves Company with Tia Maria liqueur and Monin syrups
- Shrub and Shutter with Whitley Neill Gin
- Coq d’Argent with U’Luvka Vodka
- Bull in a China Shop with Nikka whisky
- PortSide Parlour with El Dorado Rum
- Salvatore’s Bar at Playboy London with Campari
- Barrio Bars with Santa Teresa Rum
- Fu Manchu with Tsingtao beer
- Mr Fogg’s with Disaronno amaretto
- Demon, Wise & Partners with Evan Williams whiskey
- Craft Cocktail Co with Cointreau liqueur
- Foxlow with Havana Club rum
- Dub Jam with Appleton Estate Signature Blend Jamaican rum
- The Lucky Pig with Fifty Pounds Gin
- Kansas Smitty’s with Wild Turkey whiskey
- Trailer Happiness with Bacardi rum
- The Rum Kitchen with Wray & Nephew rum