Twelve finalists are lined up to compete in the UK final of the 2015 MIXLDN cocktail competition run for Beefeater Gin.
The national final will take place on November 4 at the Beefeater distillery in Kennington, London, where a winner will be chosen to represent the UK at the global final in January.
The 12 UK finalists are:
- Isaac Windsor from The Milk Thistle in Bristol
- Andy Stewart from The Tippling House in Aberdeen
- Matt Green from Discount Suit Company in London
- Peter Nguyen from China Tang at The Dorchester in London
- Enrique Gomez from Sticks ‘n’ Sushi in Canary Wharf, London
- Lee Morris from Berners Tavern at the London Edition hotel
- Joe Schofield from The American Bar at The Savoy in London
- Clotilde Lataille from Hawksmoor Spitalfields in London
- Alexandru Ciomartan from 214 Bermondsey Gin Bar in London
- Federico Johnson from Hawksmoor Guildhall in London
- Michael Fuller from Rabot 1745 in London
- Juraj Berezny from Dry Martini by Javier de las Muelas at Melia White House in London.
Participants will be asked to take a classic gin cocktail recipe from no later than 1950 and re-work it using modern London as inspiration, with Beefeater or Beefeater 24 as the spirit base.
They will be judged by Beefeater global ambassadors Tim Stones and Sebastian Hamilton-Mudge in front of an audience of bartenders, brand ambassadors, press and other invited guests.
The global final will treat the national finalists to an unforgettable three-day immersion in the world of London dry gin and Beefeater while undertaking a series of challenges that will test their bartending skills.