The Buffalo Bourbon Empire, which previously popped up in London and Brighton as a Prohibition-inspired concept, has been brought back with the classic new look by the whiskey brand’s UK distributor Hi-Spirits.
With 1960s-style décor and classic American cocktails, the bar offers guests the chance to live like the TV show’s antihero Don Draper and kick back with a classic cocktail.
The menu will feature new cocktails, all made with Buffalo Trace, as well as classics such as the Blood and Sand, Mint Julep, Manhattan, Old Fashioned and Sazerac.
It is at 34 Tavistock Street in London’s Covent Garden, running from Friday October 4 to Saturday October 12 to coincide with London Cocktail Week but reopening the following week from Wednesday October 16 to Saturday October 19. It is open 5.30pm to 10pm throughout.
It will feature master classes and tutored tastings including sessions with Drew Mayville (pictured), master blender and director of quality for Buffalo Trace and its owner Sazerac.
Dan Bolton, managing director of Hi-Spirits, said: “Bourbon continues to boom in the UK, and the 1960s theme of the Buffalo Bourbon Empire spotlights some truly iconic cocktails.”
The range from Buffalo Trace distributed in the UK by Hi-Spirits includes:
- • Buffalo Trace, a bourbon aged for 8 to 12 years
• Buffalo Trace White Dog, the unaged, clear spirit bottled before barrelling
• Benchmark, an aged bourbon at an entry-level price
• Sazerac Straight Rye, the classic rye whiskey
• Eagle Rare Single Barrel, a premium 10-year-old bourbon
• The Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: five limited-edition whiskeys, released annually.
For details and to register for master classes and tastings, visit www.buffalotrace.co.uk/empire/.