Bars across London are coming together this weekend for the return of Cocktails in the City, offering some of the capital’s best cocktails in one place.
They are taking over the leafy Bedford Square Gardens in Bloomsbury today and tomorrow (July 28 and 29) with pop-ups from 25 of London’s most inventive and original cocktail bars.
The line-up ranges from atmospheric gin parlours, rum dens and speakeasies to decadent party bars and elegant five-star hotel bars. Highlights include a G&T ice cream parlour and “blind” cocktail tastings in the dark with Pitch Black.
Each partnering with a different brand, the pop-ups at Cocktails in the City Summer Edition include:
- The Cocktail Trading Company with Old Forester bourbon
- The Nightjar with Copperhead Gin
- Gaucho with Reyka Vodka
- Reverend JW Simpson with Belvedere Vodka
- The Looking Glass Cocktail Club with The Naked Grouse whisky
- Fontaine’s with Moët & Chandon champagne
- Hush Mayfair with Crystal Head Vodka
- Mr Fogg’s Residence with Appleton Estate 12 Year Old rum
- Barts with Stolichnaya Elit vodka
- Hixter with Freya Birchwood’s Vodka
- Cahoots with Bulldog Gin
- London Cocktail Club with Hennessy cognac
- The Hide Bar with Campari
- The Big Chill with Cazcabel Tequila
- The Walrus Room with Courvoisier cognac
- Barrio Soho with Havana Club rum
- The Bloomsbury Club Bar with Maker’s Mark bourbon
- Chapter 72 with Tia Maria
Tia Maria and Chapter 72 will be presenting the Tia Dirty Harry, a special one-off cocktail just for Cocktails in the City. A deliciously fruity concoction, the Tia Dirty Harry (pictured) mixes Tia Maria with frozen banana, coconut milk, Jamaican rum and espresso – all whipped up in a blender with ice and a squeeze of fresh lime. Tia Maria will also be shaking up their classic Tia Espresso Martini and a non-alcoholic version of the Tia Iced Popcorn Frappe.
For more information and tickets, visit http://cocktailsinthecity.com/events/london-summer.