A cocktail created by the team at restaurant and bar Coq d’Argent was named as best in show at the Cocktails in the City festival in London.
The drink (pictured), called Far East, was made with U’Luvka Vodka infused with kaffir lime leaves and chilli, combined with Japanese spirit sochu mixed with green tea plus fresh lemon juice, agave nectar and egg white. It was garnished with sprinklings of lavender, peppercorn, dill, coriander and edible flowers.
It was the signature cocktail for Coq d’Argent’s pop-up bar at Cocktails in the City which took over Bedford Square Garden in Bloomsbury on July 18 and 19. Organised by the same team as Boutique Bar Show, the consumer event featured 25 bars and restaurants from all over London.
Other venues participating were:
• The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz with Perrier-Jouët Champagne
• Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor Bar with The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
• The Cocktail Trading Co with Chambord liqueur
• Hawksmoor Spitalfields Bar with Aperol
• The Alchemist with Gentleman Jack whiskey
• London Cocktail Club with Jack Daniel’s Old No 7 whiskey
• Reverend JW Simpson with Belvedere Vodka
• We Are Big Chill with Lamb’s Spiced Rum
• Loves Company with Tia Maria liqueur and Monin syrups
• Shrub and Shutter with Whitley Neill Gin
• Bull in a China Shop with Nikka whisky
• PortSide Parlour with El Dorado Rum
• Salvatore’s Bar at Playboy London with Campari
• Barrio Bars with Santa Teresa Rum
• Fu Manchu with Tsingtao beer
• Mr Fogg’s with Disaronno amaretto
• Demon, Wise & Partners with Evan Williams whiskey
• Craft Cocktail Co with Cointreau liqueur
• Foxlow with Havana Club rum
• Dub Jam with Appleton Estate Signature Blend Jamaican rum
• The Lucky Pig with Fifty Pounds Gin
• Kansas Smitty’s with Wild Turkey whiskey
• Trailer Happiness with Bacardi rum
• The Rum Kitchen with Wray & Nephew rum
The event was produced by the events arm of B&H Group which runs parties such as The Blitz Party and Prohibition as well as operating its own bars such as Bourne & Hollingsworth and Reverend JW Simpson.