Licensed Trade Charity offers Covid-19 support

The Licensed Trade Charity (LTC) is offering support to people of the licensed trade in this time of uncertainty.

Off the back of yesterday’s announcements by Government introducing increased social distancing and self-isolation measures, and specifically advising against visiting pubs, bars and restaurants, LTC is drawing on its years of experience by issuing help and important advice.

The organisation is reviewing and researching the latest updates regarding benefits and any extraordinary payments that the Government may be considering offering during this difficult time.

Updates will be published on LTC’s Covid-19 web page:

How we can help you and our advice

Financial support can be available to people who have been in the trade for five years or more and is means tested:

Short term hardship grants for those in extreme financial hardship are available to licensed trade people.

Make sure you are claiming all and any benefits you are entitled to. Use our benefits calculator to help:

These links may help with the benefits you may be entitled to:

Talk to your employer about what support they can offer, it’s better to ask than assume.

We cannot replace 100% of your lost income due to Covid-19, however, by utilising help from the Government, and possibly your employer, we aim to support those hit the hardest during this challenging time.

We can offer financial support with rent or mortgage interest areas, and if you are at threat of losing your accommodation, we can give practical help.

Talk to your financial providers (mortgage company and credit providers) to find out what measures they have in place for people whose income is affected during these unusual circumstances.

Some mortgage lenders have already announced mortgage holiday up to three months:

Talk to your landlord about your situation. It is better to be proactive than reactive.

If your accommodation is tied to your pub, speak to your employer first and you can also call our helpline.

We also partner with Shelter, who can give specialist advice.

The following support is available to anyone in the licensed trade irrespective of how long they have worked in the licensed trade:

Our 24/7/365 helpline team are there if you need on the spot support or someone to talk to. We can also offer access to six free telephone counselling sessions.

Practical advice provided by trained CAB specialists giving guidance on varied issues:

• Debt – which debts are a priority
• Housing – your rights
• Employment Law – your rights
• Relationship Breakups – how to deal with this practically
• Benefits – how to claim them and what you’re entitled to
• Benefits Calculator – what support you and your family might be entitled to from the state:

We know you are people people and self-isolating won’t be easy or come naturally and could affect your mental wellbeing. Our helpline team are there for you to talk to 24/7/365 – 0808 801 0550

There are a number of organisations publishing some useful advice so here are a few links you might find helpful:

The Government have published specific advice for the public which can be found here:

If you develop symptoms you should self-isolate and contact NHS 111 for advice.

• Contact NHS 111 for advice
• Self-isolate
• Do not go straight to a doctor’s surgery or hospital

Symptoms usually include:

• Feeling tired
• Difficulty breathing
• A high temperature
• A cough

These symptoms do not automatically mean that you will have the virus.

You can read the NHS guidance in full:

How to avoid spreading the flu:

NHS Advice on how to avoid spreading the flu is available here most important is to practice good hand hygiene.

• Wash your hands often with warm water and soap
• Use tissues to trap germs when you cough or sneeze
• Bin used tissues as quickly as possible

Previous Angel’s Envy brings port wine-finished bourbon to the UK
Next Coronavirus update and industry reaction: PM urges public to 'avoid' pubs, bars and restaurants