The only dedicated trade show for the UK pub industry, PUB18, is returning to London’s Olympia for its fourth year on February 6 and 7. Hosting over 200 top exhibitors, a wealth of industry knowledge will also be showcased via the robust PUB18 talks and workshops programme. The free-to-attend sessions are now open for booking via www.thepubshow.co.uk/talks.
Topics will cover insight into everything from day-to-day pub operations to wider industry talking points, including:
- Leading publicans sharing reasons for their success in The Secrets to our Success;
- Opportunities and pitfalls to watch out for this coming year in The PUB18 Debate: Reasons to be Cheerful;
- Advice on creating a food offering that is top of the pots with Special Board Standout: Driving your Food Offer Forward;
- How to keep customers coming back in Making Memories: Creating Memorable Customer Experiences;
- Why technology is key in Future Pub: How Data and Tech will Help Run Better Businesses.
The panellist line-up for the sessions features industry titans and top players, including celebrity chef and Michelin-starred publican Tom Kerridge, who will discuss his views on pub retailing excellence and shares how he’s looking to capitalise on 2018.
Joining Kerridge will be leading operators and senior hospitality figures, such as:
- Anthony Pender, chairman of the BII
- Kate Nicholls, chief executive of the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers
- Paul Harbottle, group commercial director at Ei Group
- Craig Ogden, director at House of Beers, Carlsberg UK
- Brigid Simmonds, chief executive of the British Beer & Pub Association
- Andrew Stones, chief operating officer at Be At One
- Leading beer writer and author Pete Brown
Full line-up of speakers available at www.thepubshow.co.uk/speakers.
The show’s commercial manager Alex Booth comments: “The response to the return of PUB18 has been overwhelmingly positive – many of our exhibitors have decided to re-join us for PUB18 after creating meaningful business relationships at last year’s show, and visitor registration is up by an incredible 35% compared to this time last year. The balance between new features and established favourites alongside our impressive speaker line-up is sure to make this year’s show our best yet.”
Building on the huge success of last year’s show, PUB18 will welcome back show favourites such as:
The WSET Taste Table, including sessions on spirits, beer, food and wine
The Beer Writers’ Bar, showcasing a selection of brews from leading experts Matt Curtis, Jane Peyton, Mitch Adams and Christine Cryne
The Pub Garden, the ideal place to network, host meetings and discover how pubs can transform outdoor space
Adding to these, brand new features at the show include:
The Wine and Spirit Lounge, perfect for discovering unique wine and spirit suppliers
The New Brew Area, exclusively for young breweries and cider producers – highlighting the newest drinks and freshest innovation
The Pub Trends Stage, showcasing some of the biggest trends set to shape the industry in 2018
To keep up to date with news and information and to register for free, visit www.thepubshow.co.uk, or follow @PubShowUK on Twitter.
For more information on the talks and workshops visit www.thepubshow.co.uk/talks.