Entries are being sought for an award to find Europe’s most intimate bar as part of the Vision Style Awards for interior design in hospitality.
Aimed at highlighting beautiful interiors in independent venues, the awards are now in their fifth year, previously known as the Hilden Style Awards.
As well as the title of most intimate bar, other categories include Hottest Hotel, Most Romantic Restaurant and Eco-Champion of the Year as well as an overall Style Winner of the Year.
The awards are run by hospitality textile specialist Vision whose brands include Hilden and are open to hospitality venues across the UK and the rest of Europe. To enter, visit www.visionsupportservices.com/style-awards. The deadline is October 31, 2017.
Entries need to include up to three photographs that really sell the venue which can be entered using the online form or emailed to email@example.com.
Prizes include a double-page spread in the coffee-table annual Style Guide, a pamper hamper, a cash voucher to spend on the Vision shop and a glass trophy and certificate.
The eight judges are:
- Robin Sheppard, CEO of Bespoke Hotels
- Angie Silver, luxury lifestyle and travel blogger
- Richard McCready-Hughes, creative director of Goddard Littlefair
- Jacqui Hurst, sales director for Vision’s Hospitality Division
- Andrew Linwood, head of hospitality design at Areen
- Laurie Thomas, managing director of Vision Support Services
- Sharron Livingston, editor of The Travel Magazine
- Tom Parker, chef and star of The Great British Menu
The categories have been expanded for 2017, including the addition of the award for independent bars. There were only three categories last year including Sketch in London (pictured) being named most stylish independent restaurant.
Full list of categories
- Most Sumptuous Spa
- Dreamiest Bedroom
- Europe’s Best Dressed Bed
- Most Beautiful Bathroom
- Most Intimate Bar
- Hottest Hotel
- Most Romantic Restaurant
- Picture-Perfect B&B or Guest House
- Most Innovative New Build of the Year
- Eco-Champion of the Year
- Style Winner of the Year
- Greatest Night’s Sleep (public vote)