Products in the four categories of tabletop and design, catering equipment, food and drink, and technology will go head to head on day one of the show at London Excel on April 28.
In the equipment category, the finalists are:
• Adande Refrigeration with Adande Matchbox, where the refrigerated drawers slide out on either side
• Foodservice Equipment Marketing’s space-saving, multi-functional Alto-Shaam Combitherm CT Express with catalytic converter
• Manitowoc Foodservice with its automated easy-to-use Multiplex Blend-In-Cup Workstation
• Winterhalter UK DeMatik undercounter warewasher with a new hybrid water treatment system
• Hobart’s FTPi warewasher with Tray-Line technology
• Valentine Equipment’s induction stockpot stove, i-stockpot
• Dawson Foodservice Equipment with Lainox Naboo, its advanced range of combination ovens.
The finalists in the food and drink category are:
• Ico Catering with its ready-to-mix hot drinks Balgo Honey Spoon
• James White Drinks’ Beet It Sport flapjack
• DJM Food Solutions with Cedar Bay Maple & Hickory Plank Salmon
• Honeybuns gluten-free Honeybuns Cake mix
• Love Taste Co’s Love Fruitease fruit drink
• Vegware’s compostable PLA wine goblet.
The companies and products competing in the final of the technology category are:
• Airwave Europe’s Fingi mobile platform
• Airgoo with Geoffrey, a sustainable table-top ordering system
• Orderella smartphone ordering and payment app
• Jamix’s Techef In-Touch, a web service offering allergen and GDA information
• TenderOne Bar Services with its TenderOne system which precisely measures 32 different cocktail ingredients (pictured above)
• Winnow Solutions with Winnow System, a food waste smart meter.
The contenders in the design and tabletop category are:
• EveryWare Global’s White Dot Anti-Scratch System
• Maffam Freeform with the Manu Nest Hanging Chair
• Merlin Buffet Systems’ durable, hygienic and dishwasher-safe Paper Slate
• StableTable’s Flip Top which automatically adjusts to uneven ground
• Dornbracht Group’s Alape ASystem Init bathroom module system
• IHS Global Alliance with Showcase, transforming buffet tables and its Z-Rack tray storage.
The winners will be chosen by Innovation Icons – leading figures from across the hospitality industry. They will include: Adam Marshall, chief executive and founder of bar group Grand Union; Nick Sandler, creative chef for Pret A Manger; Vanessa Brady, chief executive pf the Society of British Interior Design (SBID), Professor David Russell and David Bentley from catering consultancy The Russell Partnership; and chefs and restaurateurs Cyrus Todiwala and Hayden Groves.
Toby Wand, managing director at show organiser Fresh Montgomery, said: “As the Innovation Awards return, we feel that not only have we uncovered the brightest new innovations in the hospitality world, but raised the bar yet again in terms of product quality and new ideas.
“Good luck to our finalists facing the Innovation Idols – the process will be demanding yet extremely positive. I look forward to our four winners being crowned and to seeing each and every finalist on display throughout the four days of the show.”
The Innovation Awards ceremony will take place on Hotelympia’s Stage at 4pm on April 28 – day one of the four-day exhibition. Show visitors will be able to see the finalists in a new dedicated area.
More information at www.hotelympia.com.
Click here to see the latest news stories from Barmagazine.co.uk