What – Gas Street Social (New Cocktail Bar & Restaurant)
Venue – Mailbox, Birmingham
When – end of Feb, Opens mid March 2015
Covers – 250+
Drinks – Craft Cocktails, Regional Beers and Fine Wines.
Salary – Very Competitive Basic of £22-24k (plus tronc, tips and profit related bonus)
Package Includes – world class training program, 50% off food for you and your guests, holiday pay, child care vouchers and occasionally hugs.
Headed up by the team behind Shaker Group – Gas Street Social brings together a fantastic team with the launch of their restaurant and cocktail bar inspired by the cultural and industrial context of Birmingham’s rich history and will serve up simple, seasonal, modern European sharing cuisine, craft cocktails, regional and international beers and fine wines.
We love what we do and care tremendously about the detail, we surround ourselves with like-minded, kind and generous people who love food and drink.
We are always looking for interesting, friendly and warm hearted people to join our family – and will provide the caring but challenging environment and full support of our many years of experience in hospitality.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Previous experience as a Bar Manager is essential
* Cocktail bar experience is essential
* Stock management and control essential
* Strong coaching skills and people development
* High standard of personal presentation
* Work with the team to ensure guests are served to the very highest standard
* Ensure ‘mise en place’ is carried out prior to service
* Committed to delivering a first class customer service
ALL ABOUT YOU
We are really interested in who you are and what you can bring to our very experienced team.
We are looking for someone that is;
* Charismatic, approachable and friendly personality
* Customer-focused, that can manage and drive the team, interact with guests
* A Leader that can take ownership of the bar and development of our people
* A coach, and can motivate and drive your team to deliver slick efficiency with warmth and charm
* Experience of creating a positive and cohesive working environment, were individual input and initiative are encouraged
* Ability to create a friendly and fun working environment
* Meticulous with detail and has a keen eye for detail and high standards of hygiene and housekeeping
* A natural passion and flair for the food and drink industry – someone who uses their own knowledge to help enhance the customer experience
* Permission to work legally in the UK
If you can sincerely answer all with ‘absobloodylutely’ then you could well be the person we are looking to join our team.
We have appointed Shaker Consultancy to deliver a world class beverage and training program which the successful candidate will be involved in learning and implementing alongside their team.
If you’d like to apply for a position in any role in our business please email us a concise CV with the highlights of your life and career thus far…and if you feel so inclined a 6 second Vine Video (https://vine.co) of what makes you our next superstar member of our team.
Email – Adam@shaker-uk.com
NOTE: Also hiring bartenders, to enquire see above.