Love Drinks, a leading distributor of premium, craft-produced and family-owned spirits, liqueurs and craft beers in the UK, is looking to recruit a Marketing & PR Executive.
This is a new role which has come about through company growth and is an exciting opportunity to get involved in strategic brand marketing, supporting the Marketing & PR Manager to develop and help activate the brand plans and strategies for a number of quality, premium spirits and beer brands.
You will also help with the running of a very busy press office dealing with media requests and supporting other departments.
The role is highly entrepreneurial and requires someone who can think on their feet, is commercially astute and is a creative and driven person. It’s a super role for the right person and you’ll be working with some of the best and interesting brands within the UK drinks market, supported by a great team who are driven to succeed.
• Create and assist with implementing brand activity
• Support the brand planning process
• Ensuring marketing calendar is kept up-to-date
• Produce bi-monthly evaluation reports for brand owners and internal reporting
• Dealing with media requests and handling PR samples
• Events activation
• Management of brand assets
• Support budget and reporting management
• Writing and issuing press releases
• Responsible for the social media channels for Love Drinks
• Collating and report press cuttings
• Creating brand case studies
• Work with the sales teams to implement events.
• Assist with stock ordering for PR samples.
• Effectively manage any adhoc support requests
• Ensure the Love Drinks website is kept up to date with interesting and relevant content
• Management of agencies across the business
• POS design and development
• Organising and implementing brand owner visits
Required experience, skills and qualifications
• Educated to honours degree level or equivalent
• Previous experience of working in a marketing department or a busy press office is paramount
• Experience in managing social media accounts effectively
• Knowledge of the drinks industry essential
• Good understanding of the UK on trade
• Good presentation and written skills
• Strong numeracy skills and experience of budget management
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on a number of projects at the same time
• Team player demonstrating collaboration and communication
• A natural ability to build relationships
• Confident and persuasive communication style
• Strong ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to make a difference and make it happen
• Proactive and has the ability to rise to the challenge
• Positive, resilient, self-starter
• Organised and open to change
Remuneration and Rewards
Love Drinks place a real emphasis on developing their employees and you will be able to take advantage of mentoring and support to achieve your career goals as well as development opportunities.
The company aims to promote an inclusive and supportive working environment where no one person is bigger than the team. A good team spirit is evident as a result of the visibility of the senior team and interaction with staff at all levels. The company takes pride in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction recognising it as vital for driving a profitable and successful business.
Basic salary: circa £25,000 depending on experience.
Annual bonus: 5% paid on total company performance.
Benefits package: pensions contributions (3% & 3%), monthly incentives, cycle scheme, day off on Love Drinks’ birthday, annual away days and regular get-togethers to celebrate the team’s successes.
Initial interviews will be conducted by Emma Currin, Marketing & PR Manager, and a shortlist presented to Kirsty Loveday, Founder and Managing Director of Love Drinks. Examples of proven marketing and/or PR experience will be expected at the interview, so please ensure you bring examples of your successes. References will be taken up from candidates receiving an offer of employment.
Tel: 07507 724 504