Masala Zone Soho in London is seeking experienced bartenders with a passion for service in time for its January 2016 launch.
Masala Zone is a busy, stylish and informal restaurant, part of the highly successful London restaurant company MW Eat, whose restaurants have received considerable acclaim.
Masala Zone in Soho is currently undergoing an exciting refurbishment and will be relaunched in January, working with leading bar specialists Shaker Consultancy. The new restaurant will have a brand new bar serving the highest-quality drinks to guests.
As a bartender/bar supervisor at Masala Zone, you will contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the brand new bar. You will work with the restaurant team to ensure the quality and service of our drinks to our diners is consistently of the highest quality while also interacting with our guests enjoying drinks in the bar.
The ideal candidates will be energetic with a marvellous attitude needed to ensure the bar is launched successfully. In addition, candidates will have a good basic knowledge of:
• Cocktail service
• Wine service
• Craft beer service
• Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar
• Serve wine, and bottled or craft beer.
• Bar maintenance including cleaning, re-stocking and displays
• Licensing law.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience in a high-quality restaurant or bar
• Experience of working with classic cocktails and contemporary style drinks in combination with working at a high pace and volume
• A passion for excellent service and genuine enthusiasm for hospitality
• Confidence, strength and capability to run a professional busy bar
• Ability to read guests and react in an appropriate manner
• Attentive and proactive approach with the ability to respond quickly to both guest and management request
• Immaculate presentation with attention to detail
• Ability and desire to be part of a team
• Excellent English and communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Highly competitive rates of pay depending on experience
• Excellent company benefits (meals on duty, staff vouchers, staff discounts)
• An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and skills
• Full on-job training and opportunities to develop your career within a growing restaurant group
• Flexible hours, full or part-time.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like your next challenge, please send your full CV and a covering letter indicating your suitability for the vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to be a resident in the UK, have the correct immigration documents and be able to provide contact details for two professional referees.