Opening in June 2016, Samarkand will be an exciting modern restaurant and bar based on Charlotte Street in London W1. Inspired by the indigenous food of Uzbekistan, our aim will be to combine traditional ideas in a very modern manner with our food/beverage and service. The bar will offer a list of signature drinks that will form part of a beverage programme devised in conjunction with Shaker Bar Consultancy.
This is a ‘hands-on’ Bar Managers role, suited to those wanting to step up from their existing role and take ownership of this new bar concept, with a cutting-edge beverage offering. You’ll initially be supported by the team at Shaker bar consultancy and associates in; creating, training and managing the opening launch objectives.
There are two bars to manage;
Main Bar- Offering majority table service, delivering the main beverage program/signature drinks list for up to 40 seated covers and (within the separate bar area) and the same menu to the restaurant guests.
Restaurant Dispense Bar – Offering the core standard drink service within the 130 cover restaurant for e.g. wine, water, softs, coffee’s, spirit and mixer etc.
The ideal candidates will be energetic with a passionate and professional attitude to ensure the bar is launched successfully.
In addition, the candidates will have:
• Previous bar supervisory experience in a high-quality restaurant or bar
• Confidence and capability to recruit, train and mentor a team of bartenders
• Experience of new opening’s would be an advantage
• Good experience of working with classic cocktails but also comfortable with implementing a cutting-edge beverage program
• Strong spirit knowledge and the ability to communicate this to the team and guest alike.
• Understanding of modern drink making techniques such Block-Ice work, infusions, homemade ingredients and other modern, creative and kitchen science techniques would be of a considerable advantage
• Good links and awareness of working with brand deliverables (i.e. spirit brands)
• Good understanding of Stock Management
• Good understanding of producing Staff Rosters
• Excellent English and communication skills
• Good understanding of Licencing law’s and hold a Personal License (ideal but not essential at this stage)
WHAT WE OFFER
• Highly competitive rate of pay depending on experience, starting from £28k Basic, plus service charge and potential to be part of a discretionary bonus scheme.
• Full time role. Hours TBC (but work to the needs of the business during the opening months).
N.b. Restaurant will be open 6 days per week.
• An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and skills
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like your next challenge, please send your full CV and a covering letter indicating your suitability for the vacancy to email@example.com.
You will need to be a resident in the UK, have the correct immigration documents and be able to provide contact details for two professional referees.
PLEASE NOTE- Samarkand are also recruiting for general restaurant and bar staff roles, so please send your CV and cover note explaining which role you would like to apply for to firstname.lastname@example.org.