The New World Trading Company (NWTC) has launched its new The Botanist venue at the historic Octagon building in Bath.
Located in Milsom Place, the new 8000 sq ft bar and restaurant “brings new life” to the Grade II listed building, offering food from the deli, grill and rotisserie as well as “an eclectic mix” of cocktails and craft ales and beers.
The Octagon has a long history in Bath, having been built in 1766 as a private chapel. It remained in use as a chapel until the late 19th century, after which it became one of the most well-known antique shops in Europe – Mallet & Sons.
Over the years, the site also served as a rations dispensary and Air Raid Wardens building during WWII, as well as a photographic gallery.
As part of the refurbishment process, The Botanist’s team worked closely with local heritage experts to preserve the fabric of the historical building as an important Bath landmark.
The Botanist Bath will be supporting the local Jessie May charity, which provides hospice at home care for terminally ill children in the area, donating 25p from every children’s menu sold to the charity.