Following hundreds of entries to this year’s UK Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition, six bartenders have succeeded in becoming the UK finalists with their exceptional cocktails.
Representing Northern England, Southern England, London, and Scotland, the 2018 Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition UK finalists are:
• A Green Thought by Clare Marrow of The Domino Club, Leeds
• Maroulitsa by Maria Kontorravdis of Doctor Inks Curiosities, Exeter
• El Manzana de Jalisco (The Apple of Jalisco) by Mike Canham of Faraway Cocktail Club, Bristol
• Godfathers Affinity by Nicole Sykes of Satan’s Whiskers, East London
• Simpatía by Gianluca Payanello of Bar Swift, Soho
• The Cocktail Discovery by Sarah Berardi of Draffens, Dundee
The six finalists; Claire, Maria, Mike, Nicole, Gianluca and Sarah, will go through to the UK national final on 10 September at Restaurant OURS, London.
Each finalist will be competing in front of an esteemed panel of judges including Lee Applbaum, chief marketing officer for Patrón Spirits International, Sandrae Lawrence, editor of Cocktail Lovers and 2017’s Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition UK winner, Greg Almeida.