Many of Britain’s biggest pub and bar operators will be heading to London later this month for Casual Dining, the definitive trade show for the UK’s bar, pub and restaurant sector.
2019’s visitors include Ei Group, Marston’s, Mitchells & Butlers, Greene King, Stonegate Pub Company, Punch Taverns, Star Pubs & Bars, Shepherd Neame, Young & Co’s, The City Pub Company and Revolution Bars.
Thousands of key buyers and decision makers have already confirmed their attendance at the show, which will take place at the new venue of ExCeL over 27-28 February.
Among the other names to feature on the visitor list are ETM Group, Whitbread, Fuller’s, Admiral Taverns, Loungers, New World Trading Company, Oakman Inns, Yummy Pub Co, Hall & Woodhouse, Peach Pubs, Charles Wells, S A Brain & Co, Daniel Thwaites, The Alchemist Bars & Restaurants, Brewhouse and Kitchen, Whiting & Hammond, UKHospitality and British Institute of Innkeeping, plus hundreds of regional pub groups, student unions, hotel bars, and social clubs.
The compelling line-up that awaits them includes 220 exhibitors, representing every link of the supply chain, showcasing a record number of new innovations.
This year’s attendees will be among the first to sample Carlsberg UK’s new Brooklyn Special Effects alcohol-free lager, Fentimans’ Apple and Blackberry variant, LUXLO Spirits’ 20% gin-alternative and Freedom Brewery’s first ever limited-edition seasonal brew.
The show’s drinks category also includes industry big-hitters such as Coca-Cola European Partners, Diageo, Heineken UK, Kingfisher Beer Europe, Schweppes, Jaegermeister UK, Vimto Out of Home, and Molson Coors.
Over in Casual Dining’s Craft Beer & Cider Zone, Artisan Spirits Lounge and new Scotland Food & Drink Pavilion, there’s around 30 breweries and distilleries ready to do business.
For food-led pubs and bars, there’s something to suit every taste down every aisle. Visitors can check out the Innovation Challenge Awards Gallery, showcasing the hottest new products on the market, with entries from Hellmann’s, Lutosa, Quorn Foodservice, Bannisters Farm, Lamb Weston Meijer, Eurilait, Yee Kwan Ice Cream, Aulds Delicious Desserts, Billington Foodservice, Joe Delucci’s, Loveseitan, Sea Products International.
Aside from great products, visitors looking to gain insights on what’s next can enjoy exclusive Keynotes and lively panel debates featuring some of the biggest and fast-growing brands in casual dining.
There are 50 speakers appearing in 25 free business seminars to choose from. Seminar highlights include:
• Simon Potts, MD of The Alchemist Bars & Restaurants, outlines how they’ve evolved from a late-night bar to all day dining serving around 25,000 covers a week.
• Anna-Marie Mason, director of brand marketing at Mitchells & Butlers, explores how to design and deliver the ideal guest experience.
• Chris Hill, CEO of New World Trading Co/The Florist, joins Sarah Weir, MD of Albion & East, and Steve Moore, CEO of Flight Club, to talk about the journey so far and what’s next for their brands.
• Chris Knights, group executive chef at Young’s Pubs, Paul Dickinson, director of food at Fuller’s, Seamus O’Donnell, executive chef at The Alchemist, Ross Pike, chef director at Oakman Inns, and chef Jay Morjaria, winner of the BBC’s My Million Pound Menu, discuss their strategies for staying innovative and profitable in 2019 and beyond.
• David McDowall, CEO – retail at BrewDog, charts the rise of BrewDog bars and gives his take on the current state of the pub sector.
Full timings and further seminar details, along with the full exhibitors list, is available on the show’s website.
To register for a free trade ticket, visit www.casualdiningshow.co.uk and use priority code CD116.