Vine Distribution Services (VDS) is in search of a part-time Manchester business development manager to join its growing team.
The company is looking for an entrepreneurial and commercially astute person who can build and maintain strong and sustainable relationships with customers and partners in order to develop and grow the drinks portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving, maintaining and growing listings, within on trade accounts in Manchester.
This is initially a part-time role, with the opportunity to become full-time based on success.
Reporting to: VDS UK Limited head of sales
Location: Manchester field-based with further national and international travel when required. Periodical sales and development meetings at VDS offices in Chelmsford, Essex as required.
Salary: Competitive day rate (negotiable dependent on experience) plus expenses, bonus and benefits.
• To grow awareness, sales and distribution of the VDS drinks portfolio within an account base of independent outlets in Manchester.
• Develop new Manchester business including pubs, cocktail bars, hotels, restaurants
• Deliver brand education to the trade and public.
• Work closely with wholesalers to identify new business and grow existing business.
• Develop strong, long-term relationships with key partners across the trade.
• Assist in the development and execution of marketing activities.
• Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and annual objectives in order to contribute to the delivery and above expected performance of the company budget.
• Provide regular formal reporting on activity, sales pipeline, successes, opportunities, marketing and market developments.
• Someone with a passion and knowledge for spirits and premium brand development. You will be the face of our exciting portfolio within Manchester.
• Experience in working with premium spirit brands is preferred and a good understanding of the UK spirits market, in particular Manchester.
• You will have a strong existing network of contacts within the industry to ensure immediate results.
• You should have strong communication and presentation skills and an ability to present the brands to audiences of varying sizes and from diverse backgrounds.
• You will be commercially minded with good numeric and strategic skills.
• A good knowledge of mixology for presentation and training purposes would be extremely helpful.
• Good social media knowledge and skills.
• You will be self-motivated, energetic, tenacious and resilient.
• The ability and passion to make a difference are essential.
The successful candidate will be working with some the most exciting brands and products available in the UK, including The Silkie Irish Whiskey; An Dulaman Irish Maritime Gin; Bermondsey Mixer Co; Long Tail Mixers; Ambhar Tequila; Anno Distillers; Domus Grappa; and Ron Aguere Rum’s.
VDS UK Limited has been established since 2000, working on behalf of numerous FMCG and alcohol brands across all distribution channels within the UK.
We have strong senior management relationships with all of the key London and national on trade routes to market as well as partnerships with retailers, online sellers and UK convenience chains.
As a business we welcome innovative individuals with a passion to succeed and grow. We encourage internal progression and offer an opportunity for growth and development without restrictions.
To apply, send your CV with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.