Intertain, the company behind Walkabout bars, has unveiled a new concept in Birmingham’s Broad Street in the former site of Bar Risa.
The venue has been rebranded as 6 on Broad Street after a £1m investment. With a new interior by Play Design, it features six different rooms, including a main bar. See below for more pictures.
The other five spaces are:
- a Cabana Beach Bar serving up fruit smoothies and “Sunshine Cocktails”, evoking Ibiza.
- a pop room playing tunes from the 1980s through to the 2000s, which guests will enter through a neon tunnel, with an illuminated dance floor
- a rock room playing classic rock and indie.
- a club room which starts the night as a Jongleurs comedy club and carries guests into the evening with dance anthems to follow. The club room has waiting staff delivering food and drinks directly to people’s tables.
- a speakeasy cocktail bar called Suds ‘n’ Duds which can be discovered only by a hidden entrance within the venue itself. It contains a mock-up of a launderette on Birmingham’s Gas Street.
- The Terrace, an informal atrium area, linking the outside with the in, creating a space for informal and relaxed drinks and dining.
The venue will also serve a selection of American-style small plates and bar food classics, including “New York Style Deli” sandwiches and the venue’s own signature burger, The Six.
A team of Bar 6 Angels will be on hand all night to attend to help guests and assist them if they are in need.
John Leslie, chief executive of Intertain, said: “6 on Broad Street is a very exciting development for us. Our research has shown us that consumers – who are more sophisticated than ever before – are looking for increasingly exciting entertainment solutions.
“This new venue will provide something for everyone, from a sit-down meal to comedy to a club night.”
The Bar Risa concept was originally created as a companion to Jongleurs comedy clubs around the UK. The Birmingham site was dogged by a variety of problems, including the suspension of its licence in May after a fight broke out in the street outside.
Intertain also operates a Walkabout bar a few doors down from 6 on Broad Street.