William Grant & Sons is debuting a new bartending initiative in Edinburgh, which will feature a series of talks from its team of UK brand ambassadors.
The exclusive event for bartenders, which takes place on October 29 at Assembly Roxy, is entitled Unwrapped: The Other Side of Bartending.
A series of brand ambassador-led talks, aiming to support modern bartenders and help them “find their legacy within the industry”, will be followed by immersive brand experiences and an evening bar takeover where all proceeds will go to charity partner SANE.
The talks, which are the centrepiece of the event, have been designed to be thought-provoking, engaging and specifically relevant to the on-trade; providing attendees with new skills and perspectives, as well as the opportunity to network with like-minded peers and old friends.
Sessions will cover subjects ranging from how to keep up team morale and the power of storytelling, to exploring the link between nature and creativity.
Following the talks, Alessandra Brugola from the drinks industry charity The Benevolent will introduce their latest campaign #notalone.
In the afternoon, Unwrapped will include immersive brand experiences including the Hendrick’s Gin Tini Martinis and the making and photographing of Monkey Shoulder’s Lazy Old Fashioned.
On Monday evening, a full William Grant & Sons bar takeover at The Voyage of Buck will take place, where the entire UK brand ambassador team will get behind the bar to raise money for SANE.
The charity partner was chosen by the brand ambassadors due to its focus on mental health – a key topic within the bar industry.
Fabiano Latham, Reyka Vodka UK brand ambassador, said: “Unwrapped is a great opportunity for all the brand ambassadors to share experiences and insights from the industry, as well as the passion we have for our brands.
“We want to create a benchmark for industry training programmes by delivering an engaging and interactive event where on-trade teams can come together and truly benefit in years to come.”
Unwrapped talks, taking place from 11am-3.30pm
• The power of storytelling by Glenfiddich brand ambassador Mark Thomson
• Adventurivity: exploring the link between nature and creativity by Reyka UK brand ambassador Fabiano Latham
• How to be your world’s best bartender by Sailor Jerry UK brand ambassador Emmali Stenhouse
• How to train your nose by The Balvenie UK Brand Ambassador Alwynne Gwilt
• Bar:ography by Monkey Shoulder UK brand ambassador John Wayte
• How to be newsworthy by Hendrick’s Gin UK brand ambassador Sasha Filimonov
• Keeping good spirits in good spirits by premium spirits specialist Calum Fraser
• From bartender to bar owner: the tips and tricks to opening your own bar by Disaronno UK brand ambassador Rod Elsamieh
• The courage to be happy by Tia Maria UK brand ambassador Stephanie Rainbow
• Alessandra Brugola from The Benevolent will introduce their new campaign called #notalone