Win a chance to put your bar on the map and host an evening with Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Ben Fogle, Kenton Cool and Olly Hicks with The Black Grouse whisky
In celebration of its own distinctive character, The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky is proud to give one lucky bar the chance to host a unique evening with four of the UK’s leading adventurers.
Following on from The Black Grouse’s sell-out event at London’s Natural History Museum and Edinburgh’s Hub, this exclusive one-off opportunity will see the winning bar opening their doors to these icons as they talk about the highs and lows of their adventures and expeditions and what motivates them to push themselves further than anyone else.
North, South, East, West… there are few men who have touched every point of the compass and truly explored every corner of the globe. From Britain’s greatest explorer, Sir Ranulph Fiennes, to the face of the next generation, Olly Hicks, these famous faces will also discuss the personality traits that define an adventurer in today’s world.
Promising to be an evening to remember and inspire, the audience – your customers – will also have a rare opportunity to interact with these well-known icons and ask their own questions.
The winning bar will also be able to offer their customers an opportunity to discover the distinctive character of The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky at a pre-event reception to sample the signature Black and Black serve. Drinks will be provided by The Black Grouse.
How do you enter? The Black Grouse would like to challenge each entrant to create their own distinctive “explorer” serve, featuring The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky. The submission should include the recipe, name of the serve and image, alongside an explanation of what makes your bar distinctive and why it would be the perfect venue to host an evening with the adventurers.
Email your entry to email@example.com for a chance to win a night in your pub/bar with the UK’s greatest explorers.
We’ll contact you to let you know if you have been shortlisted by the Maxxium team, who will visit for a serve demonstration before picking the winning bar/pub.
Closing date for submissions is Friday 9th January 2015. The short-listed pubs/bars will be informed on Monday 12th January and must be available to host the Maxxium team week commencing 19th January. The winning pub/bar will be informed the week commencing the 26th January and available to host the four explorers on 19 February 2015.
Terms and conditions
• To enter the competition, the entrant must email a serve using The Black Grouse whisky, name of serve and image of serve to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The entrant must also email a description and or photograph highlighting what makes their bar distinctive and why it would be the perfect venue to host an evening with the explorers.
• The entry judged to be the best by the Maxxium UK team will win the prize outlined in these terms and conditions.
• The decision of the Maxxium UK team board is final.
• The prize includes: one night ‘In Conversation’ event with Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Ben Fogle, Olly Hicks and Kenton Cool from 7.30 to 10pm on the 19th February 2015.
• You must be of legal drinking age in your country of residence to enter.
• The winning serve must contain The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky.
• The pub/bar must give a reason why their bar/pub is distinctive.
• There is no cash alternative available.
• Entrants are permitted from the UK only.
• The closing date for the competition is 09 January 2015.
• Shortlisted bars/pubs will be informed via email by 12 January 2015.
• If the winner does not respond to the email informing them of their prize within 5 days an alternative winner will be selected.
• The prize visit must be taken on the 19 February 2015.
• The prize cannot be taken on any other date.
• No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
• Entries containing unsuitable content will be disqualified.
• The Black Grouse Whisky retains sole discretion as to what constitutes unsuitable content and will not be liable in any way for disqualified entries.
• The Black Grouse Whisky retains sole discretion as to what constitutes as the winning serve.
• Competition is not open to employees of this outlet or of Edrington or Maxxium UK Ltd their families, agents and agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.